Not sure what to buy for that person who already has everything? Are there even a few people like that on your list? If so, your Christmas shopping just got a whole lot easier AND yet more meaningful at the same time. Give them a charitable gift through Chimp.
Giving a charitable gift
It may be simple to do, but that doesn’t take away from the thoughtfulness. If anything, it adds to it. Because a charitable gift lets the receiver choose what they want to do with it. This is how you do it:
- Sign into Chimp and click “Send Money” at the top of the page.
- Choose “Your Friends and Family.”
- Enter the amount of the gift and the person’s email address.
- Include a personal message with your gift.
- Press “Continue,” then confirm the details and it’s off.
If you want your gift to make an appearance beyond cyberspace, you can download and print off this sheet to include in a card. It explains the gift and tells them to watch their inbox for it.
Receiving a charitable gift
Getting some charitable gifts often means someone’s bought some chickens, helped a struggling entrepreneur, or chosen another charitable action for you. Sure, it’s in your name, but you don’t usually get to make the decision which charity the gift supports. But when you get a charitable gift through Chimp, you do. You can give the money someone’s given you on to any charity in Canada. Here’s how you do it:
- Open the gift email sent to you from Chimp.
- Click the link in the email.
- Set up your account with Chimp (which takes 2 seconds).
- See the charitable gift – aka money – is automatically deposited into your new Chimp Fund.
- Give that money away to any charity you choose. You can give it away as soon as you receive it. Or you can wait, search for a charity you want to give it to, then give it away later.
Still not sure if this is the right kind of gift? Then just remember that 77% (more than three-quarters!) of people say they’d rather get a meaningful gift that would help someone else out instead of getting a traditional gift for themselves.
Happy holidays and happy giving!