From Playground to Podium
Give the tax-deductible gift of sport! Support the CANADIAN PARALYMPIC COMMITTEE and invest in the next generation of champions.
At the Canadian Paralympic Committee, our quest to be at the top of Paralympic podiums is fueled by our belief that outstanding performances by high performance athletes with a disability will change attitudes and inspire greater levels of physical activity for people with disabilities in Canada.
There are more than four million people in Canada with a disability, but only a very small percentage is involved in physical activity. The cost of inactivity is very high – from escalating medical costs to increased social isolation.
But what do medals and podiums have to do with this? The answer can be found in our drive to:
Create Opportunity – by helping create increased opportunities for Canadians of all abilities to be active and engaged in sport while also building greater awareness.
Provide Leadership – by supporting the journey of our most promising athletes towards international success with quality equipment, coaching and training.
Inspire Excellence – by creating champions, winning gold medals, and inspiring all Canadians to pursue their own areas of excellence.
With a focus on the programs and activities that first create opportunity, we truly have the chance to make a profound and lasting impact at the point of first contact with aspiring athletes.
THE IMPACT OF YOUR GENEROSITY
With your support we create opportunity:
• In collaboration with our sport partners as we help support and build an aligned and integrated pathway for participants and athletes to become more active and engaged.
• Through our world-leading Changing Minds, Changing Lives program.
• By assisting local and provincial organizations in delivering recruitment programming and expanding the availability of introductory-based equipment through the Canadian Para-Equipment Fund and the Parasport Jumpstart Fund.
• By connecting with young people through our Paralympic Schools Week initiative.
• With our FUNdamentals Physical Literacy Resource, which has been designed to get ALL children active and engaged in developing fundamental movement skills through the medium of parasport.
For more information on our world-class programming please visit:
HOW YOU CAN BECOME A CHAMPION FOR PARALYMPIC SPORT
1. Make a contribution today by clicking on the Give to the Campaign button.
* tax receipts provided via email by Chimp for all donations
CANADIAN PARALYMPIC COMMITTEE
The Canadian Paralympic Committee is a well-established not-for profit sports organization with a reputation for assisting athletes with a disability excel at the highest level of international competition through collaboration with our sport, government and corporate partners.
Following on the success at the Sochi 2014 Winter Paralympics - where Canada finished third in the gold medal standings - we turn our sights to the Toronto 2015 Parapan Am Games and the Rio 2016 Paralympic Games.
Learn more about the Canadian Paralympic Committee.