How do I give to a charity?
Here are some quick step-by-step instructions:
Did You Know?
- Log in to your Chimp Account
- Click on "Give Money"
- Choose a charity - If you already know what charity you want to give money to, type its name in the search bar to find it. If you don't, type in a keyword or two. You can then filter the search results by program or topic. Refine your search by headquarters or countries in which the charity does work in if that matters to you.
- Once you've selected your charity, you'll be taken to the charity's profile page. If you decide that you want to give to this charity, click on the "Give to This Charity" button.
- Enter the amount you would like to give. You can also choose to cover processing fees for your donation, leave a message, and special instructions, e.g. give anonymously or make it a monthly recurring gift.
- Continue, review your gift, and click on "Give Money" to complete the transaction.
The Charitable Impact (Chimp) Foundation reviews all these gifts on the first day of each month, then immediately sends out a disbursement cheque to each charity with all gifts made out to it through Chimp.